Polenta is a traditional Italian dish made that is similar to grits, but with a slightly different flavor and texture.
About 1 hour
- 3 3/4 cups water
- 1/8 t pepper
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 t salt
- 2 T butter
- 2 cups HOMESTEAD GRISTMILL POLENTA
- Bring 2 cups water to a boil with the salt, pepper and butter.
- Mix polenta and Parmesan with remaining 1 3/4 cups water, and gradually whisk this mixture into the boiling water.
- Whisk constantly until it returns to a boil, then lower heat and cook about 30 minutes, whisking frequently to prevent lumping. Be careful when whisking because polenta splatters.
- Serve hot, or pour into a bread pan or jelly-roll pan. Let cool till solid, then slice in 1/2-inch slices and fry in butter or oil.