About 2 hours
Makes two 9" deep dish pizzas or one 12" to 13" thinner pizza
For the Crust:
- 1 pgk GLUTEN-FREE PIZZA MIX (1.15 lb)
- 2 T olive oil for the dough
- 1 tsp white vinegar
- 1 cup warm water
- 2 T olive oil for the pan
- 1 1/2 T yeast
For the topping:
- 1/2 cup Marinara Sauce
- 4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 T crumbled dried oregano
- 1 tsp garlic granules
- olive oil to drizzle over the top
- salt and pepper to taste
- Dump the mix in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the wet ingredients and stir vigorously with a wooden spoon until well-combined; or, beat on medium high speed with a stand or hand mixer for 4 minutes. The mixture will be very sticky and thick.
- Cover the bowl and let the dough rest for 30 to 45 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 425°.
- Pour 2 tablespoons of olive oil in the center of a round pizza pan.
- Scrape the dough into the puddle of olive oil; then, using wet fingers, push the dough outwards toward the rim of the pan to form a circle of dough. You will need to turn the pan as you go. The dough will look uneven and lumpy, but you can smooth it out using wet hands.
- Let the dough rest for 15 minutes uncovered.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until the crust has lost its sheen and looks slightly dry.
- Remove from the oven and top pizza dough with ingredients in the order listed above. Bake an additional 10 to 15 minutes depending on the toppings. Remove from the oven, cut with a pizza utter and serve hot.