These gluten-free pancakes are light yet full of flavor. We have several different pancake mixes to make this recipe from.
About 25 minutes
Makes about 8-4" pancakes
- 2 T. unsalted butter
- 1 cup GLUTEN-FREE PANCAKE MIX
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup whole milk
- Melt the butter.
- Put gluten-free mix in a medium sized mixing bowl.
- Make a well in the center and add the egg, milk and melted butter.
- Whisk until well combined, but don’t over-mix, then set aside while you heat the griddle.
- Heat griddle over medium heat for about 15 minutes.
- Oil the griddle and ladle as many 4″ pancakes as will fit on the griddle without touching each other. (The batter will thicken as it rests, so you may need to add a tiny bit more milk.)
- Lower heat to medium low and cook the pancakes until the edges start to dry out. Gently flip the pancakes over and cook until nicely browned.
Serve these light fluffy pancakes with butter and maple syrup, honey or your favorite preserves.