About 45 minutes
Makes a 9" x 9 cake
- 2 1/2 cups HOMESTEAD GINGERBREAD MIX
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup sorghum or molasses
- 1/3 cup oil
- 2/3 cup hot water
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Butter a 9″ x 9″ baking pan.
- Blend together egg, sorghum and oil in a medium-size mixing bowl.
- Add hot water and mix well.
- Stir in 2 1/2 cups of gingerbread mix until well blended.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
An old-fashioned treat that taste great with an ice-cold glass of milk.