Flavorful and easy to make.
About 45 minutes
- Mix together flours, baking powder and salt. Stir in oil and hot water until well mixed.
- Knead 2-3 minutes.
- Divide and shape into 12 small, smooth balls.
- If the dough is a little sticky, roll each little ball around in some flour.
- Roll out the balls in the same order that they were shaped, rolling them to 6-7″ in diameter.
- Turn the burner on to medium-high and let the skillet get hot before you start to cook the tortillas. (A cast-iron griddle is ideal for this.) Place a rolled-out tortilla on the hot griddle and cook 1 to 2 minutes on each side, or until bubbles appear.
- Fold a kitchen towel in half and place the hot tortillas in it.
- When they have completely cooled, remove the tortillas from the towel and package them for the freezer. Freeze them unless you plan to use them right away.