Soft and light biscuits that are very simple to make. Best when served hot from the oven.
About 25 minutes
Makes 10 biscuits
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- Put 2 T butter in a 9″ x 13″ baking dish and place in oven to melt while oven is preheating.
- In medium-size bowl place 2 cups biscuit mix. Using a fork, stir in 1 cup or more of cream to form a soft, wet dough. Be careful not to overmix.
- Turn dough onto lightly floured surface and knead for about 30 seconds.
- Check butter in dish in oven. If melted, remove from oven and spread to cover the bottom of pan. (If not ready, be sure to check periodically so as not to burn butter.)
- Turn dough smooth side up and pat or roll out to 1/2-inch thickness. Dip a 2-inch biscuit cutter in flour and cut out biscuits.
- Place biscuits in buttered baking dish, turning once so top is coated with butter.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes.
Top with butter and jam or your favorite sausage gravy.