Cinnamon Streusel Muffins
These muffins make a special addition to a Sunday brunch.
About 35 minutes
Makes 1 dozen
- 2 cups HOMESTEAD CINNAMON STREUSEL MUFFIN MIX
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 egg
- 1/2 T vanilla
- 1 cup milk
For Streusel Topping:
- 3 T butter, softened
- 1/2 cup STREUSEL MIX (from package)
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Butter a muffin tin or line with baking papers.
- Prepare streusel topping: In a small bowl, cut softened butter into streusel mix until well blended. Set aside.
- In a medium-sized bowl, place 2 cups muffin mix. Make a well in the center of mix and add oil, egg and vanilla. Whisk liquids briskly until egg is blended.
- Add the milk and stir entire mixture until just evenly moistened.
- Fill muffin cups about 1/3 full with batter. Top with 1 teaspoon of streusel mix.
- Place another spoonful of batter into each cup. Sprinkle remaining streusel mix on top of each muffin.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Do not overbake.
- Blueberry: Add 3/4 cup blueberries (fresh, frozen or dried)
- Apple: Add 3/4 cup grated apple