Basic Whole Wheat Scones
A delicious breakfast treat. Blueberries or cinnamon and raisins can be added for extra flavor.
About 35 minutes
Makes 8 scones
- 1 bag HOMESTEAD GRISTMILL SCONE MIX
- 4 T butter
- 1/2 cup milk*
*For berry or cinnamon raisin add 2 T milk.
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Place mix and softened butter in bowl; blend well.
- Add milk and stir until all dry mix has been mixed in.
- Shape into 1″ disk; cut into 8 triangles on a floured surface.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet and bake for 10-15 minutes, or until just beginning to brown. (They may be slightly soft when removed from oven but will firm up when cooled.)